If you integrate an LTI link and just get a blank screen, that means the LTI is not connecting. Here are some common settings that could care an LTI link to not connect:
Common Settings to Check
- Key and secret: If you are unsure, contact Credo support.
- Launch domain: It should look like [yourschool].credocourseware.com or frame.credocourseware.com.
- Grading Settings: Do you need to check a box that allows the tool to send grades to the gradebook?
- Privacy Settings: The privacy settings of the LTI tool should be set to gather the student email and student name, at minimum.
- Security Settings: If your institutional firewall requires you to access outside websites via SSH, you may need to tick a box that forces the tool via SSH.
- New Line in Description Field: There is a known issue in Blackboard where the use of a new line (pressing the Enter key) in the description field of a content item will break the LTI connection. When creating your LTI links, please use single paragraph text only in the description field, with no new lines, and minimal formatting.
- Multiple Quizzes in a Single LTI Link: If you combine multiple quizzes within a single LTI link, Blackboard will aggregate the quizzes and return a total score in a single gradebook column.
- Disassociate the Gradebook Before Deleting: Before deleting a module, it must first be disassociated with the gradebook. If the gradebook column was still associated with the module upon deletion, the gradebook column will no longer be capable of deletion itself.